[We are not currently accepting new submissions at this time. Below, please find the last call for entries (for reference purposes only). Check back later for new calls, updates, and other (in)appropriate news.]
We are delighted to announce our official call for entries for the The Tenth Edition of the Festival of (In)appropriation!
Filmmakers and video artists engaged in the appropriation, re-purposing, and productive “mis-use” of existing visual and sonic media are encouraged to send us their work for consideration. All entries must include some form of inventive (in)appropriation, whether of existing/archival film or video footage, sound recordings, still imagery, or digital media. The most competitive submissions are those which seek to produce revelations and reconsiderations of the relationship between past and present, here and there, truth and lie, intention and subversion.
The Festival premiere is currently slated for November of 2018, to be screened at the historic Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, California. The precise date time will be announced soon. The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2018.
All work shall be submitted directly through our FilmFreeway portal. Please carefully read our simple submission guidelines and requirements below before sending your work.
Hope to see your work for our 10-year anniversary event!
[*Image credit: still from Lying Women, Deborah Kelly, 2016. Official selection, Festival of (In)appropriation #9]
◊ ◊ ◊
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Submissions must be 20 minutes or less in length.
- Submissions must contain some form of appropriation.
- Submissions must have been made on or after January 1, 2014
- Submission deadline: May 1, 2018
- Acceptal submission formats: Digital Video Files Only (via FilmFreeway)
- Acceptable exhibition formats: 16mm film, 35mm film, Quicktime file (ProRes 422)
- One-time, nominal submission fee: $10
To submit your film online, please click the button below.