The Call for Entries is currently CLOSED. However, the next one will be announced in Spring 2023.
Filmmakers and video artists engaged in the appropriation, re-purposing, and productive “mis-use” of existing visual and sonic media are encouraged to send us their work for consideration. All entries must include some form of inventive (in)appropriation, whether of existing/archival film or video footage, sound recordings, still imagery, or digital media. The most competitive submissions are those which seek to produce revelations and reconsiderations of the relationship between past and present, here and there, truth and lie, intention and subversion.
All work shall be submitted directly through our FilmFreeway portal. Please carefully read our simple submission guidelines and requirements below before sending your work.
We look forward to seeing your work!
[*Image credit: still from Lying Women, Deborah Kelly, 2016. Official selection, Festival of (In)appropriation #9]
◊ ◊ ◊
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Submissions must be 20 minutes or less in length.
- Submissions must contain some form of appropriation.
- Submissions must have been made within the past three years
- Submission deadline: TBA.
- Accepted submission formats: Digital Video Files Only (via FilmFreeway)
- Acceptable exhibition formats: 16mm film, 35mm film, Quicktime file (H.264, ProRes 422)
- Submission fee: $10
To submit your film online, please click the button below.